All members, and co-opted members of Parton Parish Councils must complete a register of interests form to register their financial and other interests.
Councillors must provide the following details:
- any employment or business, including:
- the name of their employer
- name of any firms at which they are a partner
- details of any directorships held
- people who paid towards their expenses
- contracts between themselves or their firm and the council
- interests in any land or property in the area
- any licences to occupy land in the area
- any tenancies held where the council is the landlord
- membership of organisations, including bodies to which they have been appointed by the council
- any offer of gifts or hospitality of a value over £50 that they have received in their capacity as a member
Members must complete a register of interests form within 28 days of being elected. These forms must be updated throughout the members time on the council also within 28 days of any changes.
You cannot participate as a Member (including participating in any meetings of the Council, its committees, sub committees or as a representative on an outside body) until you have signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office form. Both forms can be found below.
Here is an important link for new councillors to the Local Government Associations most up to date documents. CLICK HERE